The Hakira Wayuu mochila is a hand-woven purse with a round silhouette in sand colour with accents of forest green, fuchsia, pearl, mocha and brown bloom over the intricate wide strap design, meant to be carried as a purse. A love letter to sprawling cherry blossom trees. A classic Wayuu crocheted bag with thoughtful sensibilities.
Your purchase is a gift — to yourself, and to the member of the Wayuu tribe who made this Colombian purse. Each Wayuu mochila represents a significant stream of income for Wayuu women. In buying this Colombian bag you help support their livelihood and enable them to keep on doing what they do. Origin Colombia is deeply committed to fair trade, and we make sure our artisans are compensated fairly for their craft.
- Handmade in Colombia
- 100 % original Wayuu bag
- Takes 8-10 days to complete using ancient crochet and weaving techniques
- One-of-a-kind design made with lively colours
- The wide strap is accentuated by a beautiful intricate geometric design
- Care instructions for your Wayuu bag are inside the bag 👏
- Height: 28-29 cm| 11”-12”
- Width: 32-34 cm | 12”-13”
- Strap drop: 22-24 cm | 8”-9”
Follow us on our socials!