The Banu Wayuu purse is a hand-woven bag with a round silhouette in sand colour with accents of forest green, fuchsia and brown pulsate over the intricate wide strap design, meant to be carried as a purse. Inspired by the serendipitous colours seen in the La Guajira Peninsula of Colombia. A classic crochet bag with thoughtful sensibilities.
- 100% authentic Wayuu purse
- Takes 8-10 days to complete using ancient crochet and weaving techniques
- One-of-a-kind design made with lively colours
- The wide strap is accentuated by a beautiful intricate geometric design
- Handmade in Colombia
- Height: 28-29 cm| 11”-12”
- Width: 32-34 cm | 12”-13”
- Strap drop: 22-24 cm | 8”-9”
*Due to each bag being individually hand-crafted and delicately crocheted, sizes may vary slightly. *
Your purchase is a gift — to yourself, and to the member of the Wayuu tribe who made this purse. Each purse represents a significant stream of income for Wayuu women. In buying this crochet bag, you help support their livelihood and enable them to keep on doing what they do. Origin Colombia is deeply committed to fair trade, and we make sure our artisans are compensated fairly for their craft.