From the desert in La Guajira, Colombia we bring to you a piece of art, individually handmade by a single Wayuu woman artisan. The Beatrix crochet Wayuu bag is one-of-a-kind, uniquely made with the sole creativity of a lady artisan using years of experience in the art of crocheting, a technique that has been passed through generations in the culture of the Wayuu people.
Your purchase is a gift — to yourself, and to the specific member of the Wayuu tribe who made this artisan purse. Each large bucket bag represents a significant stream of income for Wayuu women. In buying this mochila bag, you help support their livelihood and enable them to keep doing what they do. Origin Colombia is deeply committed to fair trade, and we make sure our artisans are compensated fairly for their craft.
ꙮ The authentic Wayuu bag large is adaptable with any attire. It is simply a matter of exploring combinations with your outfits. From a casual weekend getup to more formal cocktail wear, this off shoulder bag ability to adjust is astonishing.
ꙮ This woven crossbody purse is lightweight, yet strong and sturdy enough to carry all your essentials.
ꙮ Each secret Santa gift for women comes with care instructions inside.
ꙮ The mochila Colombiana It’s also easy to fold and put in your suitcase for your next travel destination without taking much space.
ꙮ Due to each Wayuu bag being individually hand-crafted and delicately crocheted, sizes may vary slightly.
ꙮ This unique handmade crocheted bag makes a lovely gift for your mom, girlfriend, wife, friend and anyone who appreciates a handmade gift with wisdom, dedication and love.
ꙮ Do you have any questions? Send us a DM, we are usually around 😊
Note about the thread colours:
ꙮ I do not mention the thread colours as depending on the pattern there are too many colours used at times in one pattern. We try to make our product pictures as clear as possible for you to see the bags from different angles and the details and colours. Our artisans use a mixture of cotton and polyester threads to give character and sturdiness to each bag.
- Handmade in Colombia
- 100 % original Wayuu crochet mochila bag
- Takes 8-10 days to complete using crochet and ancient weaving techniques
- The shoulder strap is highlighted by a beautiful intricate geometric design
- Drawstring closure
- Height: 28-29 cm | 11”-12”
- Width: 32-34 cm | 12”-13”
- Strap drop: 55-61 cm | 20”-24”
Shipping + Delivery
- Free standard shipping to USA and Canada. For international orders over $280, but does not apply for wholesale.
- Shipping speeds are estimates and standard shipping delays may occur with Canada Post due to high volume and extra safety measures.
- All Wayuu bags are wrapped in paper and tied with a ribbon
Follow us on our socials!